What is a topic?
A topic is a classification under which words are grouped, based on a shared theme or mental concept.
For example, the topic 'parts of buildings' contains words such as room, bedroom, ceiling and hundreds of similar words and phrases.
What topics does Relative Insight use?
Relative Insight uses a topic hierarchy that consists of 21 top-level categories and over 250 sub-categories that cover a broad range of domains.
That’s far too many to list here, but we’ve shared our top-level categories to help you get the idea.
- General and Abstract Terms
- The Body and the Individual
- Arts and Crafts
- Emotional Actions, States and Processes
- Food and Farming
- Government and the Public Domain
- Architecture, Buildings, Houses and the Home
- Money and Commerce
- Life and Living Things
- Movement, Location, Travel and Transport Travelling
- Numbers and Measurement
- Substances, Materials, Objects and Equipment
- Linguistic Actions, States and Processes
- Social Actions, States and Processes
- The World and Our Environment
- Psychological Actions, States and Processes
- Science and Technology
- Names and Grammatical Words
Interested in the full list? Download the complete topic hierarchy.