Many sources of language data can be imported directly into the Relative Insight platform.
If you have language data that you would like to analyse, but find it's not in one of these formats, you may be able to use the ‘Relative Insight ’ format to upload your data.
To prepare your data for upload using this method:
- Download the template file
- Enter the verbatim text data (open ended survey response, tweet etc.) in Column A. Each response should occupy its own row.
- Enter the date, if applicable, in Column B. If no date is associated or available with the data, leave this field blank. Set the date format to be YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.
- The remaining columns to the right can be used to attach metadata points to the text. Label each column to represent the metadata (e.g. gender, age, location). Once uploaded to the platform, this metadata can be used as the basis for splitting your language set.
- Rename the file and save in XLSX or CSV UTF-8 format
- Upload by selecting the ‘Relative Insight’ format
When uploading qualitative survey responses from multiple questions
- Add a metadata column titled ‘Question’
- Enter the associated question number for each verbatim response in the corresponding row