The possibilities with Relative Insight are endless. To help you start thinking about the types of comparisons that are possible, we’ve assembled some common use cases. Consider combining several of these to conduct more sophisticated analysis.
Time Comparisons ⏰
One of the most common uses of the platform is comparing language sets over time to understand how discussion of a particular topic or brand has changed.
- Understanding the impact of an advertising campaign by looking at social listening language data from before and after the campaign launched.
- Understanding the evolution of discussion on a particular topic such as global warming, wellness or COVID-19.
Geographic Comparisons 📍
Where location data is available, the platform can be used to understand the differences (and similarities) between audiences in different geographical locations.
- Understanding the unique characteristics of European and North American audiences by comparing social media conversation of a particular topic or brand.
- Understanding perceived shortcomings of your product by comparing a successful market to an unsuccessful one.
Customer Comparisons ⭐
Relative Insight serves as a crucial tool for marketeers and sales leaders to better understand, and then segment their customers.
- Understanding drivers of customer satisfaction by comparing survey open ends of happy customers to unhappy ones.
- Understanding indicators of churn by comparing customer support transcripts of previously churned customers with loyal ones
Competitor Comparisons 🥊
The platform can reveal insights about your market positioning in a way that’s completely unique.
- Uncovering unique selling points that you might not have considered by comparing public discussion of your brand against competitors.
- Understanding the marketing strategy of your competitors by comparing their website copy and marketing materials to your own.
Demographic Comparisons 👴🏽 👩🎓
Similar to geographic comparisons, when demographic data (age, gender, profession etc.) is available you can gain insights that can be used to develop buyer personas, segmentation strategies and targeted marketing copy.
- Understanding the differences in how above 35s and below 35s talk about a product or topic in order to create unique targeted advertising to each of these groups.
Channel Comparisons 📰 🖥️
Different channels attract difference audiences who each have nuances in how they speak and how they like to be spoken to. Relative Insight can help you develop targeted messaging to maximise the return on each channel.
- Understanding how brand conversation differs across social channels and traditional media to develop channel-specific comms and ad strategies.